Monday, January 9, 2012

Planning, losing weight, this isn't very fun

As usual I haven't posted in forever and its Monday and I am sitting staring at the Kroger ad waiting for something to jump off the page and say "fix me for dinner." With the holidays over and the holiday pounds still here I am desperately trying to find things to cook that are delicious, healthy, easy and in the budget. This is how this week is going so far....

Monday - Baked Salmon, Asparagus, Salad
Tuesday - Taco Salad
Wednesday - Lemon & Garlic Chicken, Brown Rice, Stir Fry Veggies
Thursday - Venison in the Crockpot, Mashed Potatoes (yes I know this one isn't healthy but its a kid favorite and a mommy favorite too!), steamed broccoli
Friday - this will be a little bit of a skip the healthy eating meal - homemade pizza (cause I have all the ingredients already) and a Salad
Saturday - still thinking on this one.....

How do some of you moms plan for the month? I cannot think of meals to plan for one week.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you....I can't plan for a month either. And you know what? I don't even come up with as many meals as you do, because I always make enough for leftovers so I don't have to spend time cooking every day! That works for most of the meals I make..at least until my kids get older and eat more!
    I hear you on the weight loss...I've been eating crazy bad the past few weeks and gained back a few of the baby lbs. I had lost. Boo. Time to crack down and get serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal planning is the worst :( I never do more than a week at a time either!! Have you tried doing chicken broth in your mashed potatoes instead of butter/milk to make them slightly healthier? Sometimes I can't live without the butter/milk but I can cut back on them a bit by using chicken broth. Oh and I just saw a recipe for mashed cauliflower which is supposed to be just like mashed potatoes. Not sure how true that is but I think I'm gonna try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah - Chris likes to take leftovers for lunch to work so I never seem to have enough for his lunches and for dinner. I need to try to make more though so I can spend less time cooking.
    Devin - I need to try the chicken broth idea that sounds good. I have made mashed cauliflower before it is very good but it doesn't taste like mashed potatoes haha.

    ReplyDelete